Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons strained lemon juice
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Rub in butter with blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Whisk eggs with lemon zest.
- Stir in flour mixture with fork until dough holds together.
- Move dough from bowl to floured work surface and knead lightly several times.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Roll each into cylinder about 12 inches long.
- Transfer cylinders to baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Flatten cylinders so that they are ½-inch thick.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then cut into diagonal slices.
- Return slices to pan, cut side down, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Immediately after removing biscotti from oven, prepare glaze by combining confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in small pan.
- Stir well to mix.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until bubbly around edges.
- Immediately brush glaze over warm biscotti.
- Leave on pan until cooled and glaze is firm.