Crusty Onion Bruschetta
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 1 French bread baguette (about 8 ounces)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- ½ cup nonfat or low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion, cut into paper-thin wedges
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Parsley flakes (optional)
- Split bread in half lengthwise.
- Pull out some bread from center of each half, leaving a ½-inch shell.
- Beat cheeses and herbs with fork and spread mixture along length of both bread halves.
- Place a ribbon of pizza sauce and a single layer of onions over cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake on baking sheet at 400 F for 30 minutes, or until onion is tender and tips are slightly blackened, but crust is not too dark.
- Sprinkle with dry parsley flakes if desired.
- Cut crosswise into narrow strips.