Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/bread
- 16 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt*
- 1-1/2 ups olive oil, melted butter** or combination
- 8 pounds pizza dough
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- *If using salted butter, adjust to taste
- **3 sticks or 12 ounces
- Using flat side of knife, mash garlic with salt.
- Blend with oil and/or butter.
- Let stand for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out prepared dough into rectangles about 6 to 7 inches wide.
- Cut 1-inch strips with pizza wheel.
- Roll strips slightly to round edges.
- Tie into loose know (if desired, tuck ends into middle of knot).
- Dip in garlic mixture or brush with olive oil.
- Place on oiled sheet pans or trays 2 to 3 inches apart; proof until doubled in size.
- Bake at 450 F for 12-15 min. or until golden brown (adjust baking time to higher temperatures).
- Toss warm knots in remaining garlic mixture and sprinkle with parsley and cheese, if desired.
- Serve with marinara sauce on the side, if desired.