A La Carbonara
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup diced raw bacon
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock (or heave cream-optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon grated romano
- 1 tablespoon chopped parley
- 1 serving spaghetti or spaghettoni
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the bacon and onion over medium high heat until the onion softened and begins to color.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the wine, turn the heat up high, and boil it down until it flames off and reduces to half.
- Add the chicken stock or cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the egg, romano, and parsley quickly.
- Toss in the pasta and mix well to make sure the pasta strands are well coated.