Baked Capellini with Fresh Ricotta
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- • 1 tablespoon salt
- • 1 pound dried capellini
- • 4 cups Besciamella Sauce
- • 9 teaspoons grated Parmigiano-Reggia- no, divided
- • Salt and pepper
- • 4 large eggs, beaten and strained 3 tablespoons whole milk
- • ¾ cup fresh whole-milk ricotta
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a covered pasta pot over high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and capellini.
- Cook, uncovered, until pasta is almost al dente.
- Scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- In a large sauté pan over low heat, combine ⅓ cup reserved pasta water and 2 cups of Besciamella sauce.
- Add capellini and, using pasta tongs, toss to coat evenly.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.