Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Dredge chicken pieces lightly in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan, and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms.
- Pour in wine and stock.
- Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Cook's Note: To cook the breast faster, consider pounding them to a ¼-inch thickness. Place breast between two sheets of wax paper, and pound with kitchen mallet.