Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat bottom of pan
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¾ cup sliced white mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy skillet.
- Cook the chicken until browned, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from the skillet, place onions and garlic in the hot skillet and sauté until tender.
- Add white wine to deglaze the pan. Sprinkle the flour into the pan, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Add a bit more wine if sauce becomes too thick.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet; simmer until it reduces by half.
- Add parsley, remaining ingredients and simmer a little more.
- Serve over pasta.