Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
Serves: 4 servings
- 1¾ cups heavy cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ½ ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine 1¼ cups cream with the butter in a large sauté pan.
- Heat over a low flame, whisking until the butter melts and the cream comes to a slow simmer.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Boil the pasta until slightly undercooked (it will continue to cook while you finish the sauce).
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan (do not rinse it).
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the pasta and sauce over a low flame, tossing gently, until the cheese melts and incorporates into the sauce and the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- If holding, right before service, add a touch more cream to loosen.