Fettuccine Gorgonzola with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 8 ounces uncooked spinach or tri-color fettuccine
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese or ricotta
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in bowl and cover with hot water; soak 5 to 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and pliable.
- Drain well; cut into strips.
- Combine cheese and yogurt in food processor; process until smooth.
- Heat cheese mixture in saucepan over low heat.
- Add Gorgonzola and white pepper; stir until Gorgonzola melts.
- Add tomatoes and stir in.
- Pour cheese mixture over spinach or tri-color fettucine; mix well.
- Add garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.