Fresh Veggie Pasta
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, cut into oins
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 4 cups uncooked cavatappi or penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil2 cups patty pan squash, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
- Blanche carrots and sugar snap peas; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to boiling water; cook according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash; saute 3 minutes. Add carrots, sugar snap peas, salt, pepper and garlic; saute 2 min.
- Stir in wine scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in cream then lemon juice; cook 1 min.
- Add pasta and cheese; stir well to coat.
- Remove from heat; stir in basil and parsley.
- COOK'S NOTE:Add sauteed shrimp or diced chicken breast.