Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 pounds ground pork (70/30 lean to fat ratio)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients together and you have Italian sausage!
- You can refrigerate it, covered, up to 3 days.
- It seems to get better with a little aging, at least overnight.
- The red wine vinegar in this recipe gives the sausage a bit more moisture along with an interesting taste kick.