Pasta e Fagoli Freddi
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 6 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ pound tubetti or ditalini pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained, crushed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot, add salt and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain well, transfer to a bowl, dress with olive oil and toss to coat pasta.
- Leave at room temperature one hour or refrigerate.
- In a large salad bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, oregano, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Set aside (this step can be done several hours ahead.
- Add cooled pasta to bowl with beans and tomatoes.
- Toss well. Add cheese, salt and pepper and toss.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley.