Pasta with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
Serves: Serves 4 as a first course
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces (½ cup) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 8-12 ounces cooked short pasta (gnocchi, rigatoni, penne)
- In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, melt the butter (do not brown).
- Add the whipping cream and raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the Gorgonzola and bring the sauce to a steady simmer to reduce slightly (about 3 minutes) while creaming the small
- crumbles of Gorgonzola into the sauce with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove the sauté pan from the heat.
- Transfer cooked pasta to the sauté pan and set the pan over medium heat.
- Toss the pasta to coat with the sauce.
- Add the Parmesan and toss again.
- Serve at once.