Penne with Artichoke Hearts
Author: Pizza Today
- 9 ounces artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 16 ounces penne
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- Slice 6 ounces of artichokes into small wedges; chop the remainder into paste. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Add oregano, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in wine, lemon juice, spinach leaves, artichokes and artichoke paste. Simmer and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in ricotta.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce.
- Remove it from heat and add lemon zest. Serve.