Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cup bechamel sauce
- 1 pound mozzarella, diced
- Grated Parmesan or Romano
- Fresh basil - a few leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook penne in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Saute eggplant in olive oil until tender.
- n a large casserole dish, toss eggplant with penne, tomato sauce, bechamel, mozzarella and grated cheese (reserve some).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top dish with reserved cheese.
- Bake in a 375 F oven 15-20 min. or until hot and cheeses melt.