Spicy Chicken Giardino
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound dry rotini (tricolor is optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 10 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 15 ounces quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked)
- 10 ounces roasted chicken (pulled or diced)
- Dash oregano
- Dash thyme
- Juice half a lemon
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cornstarch with ¼ cold water
- Crumbled feta cheese, for finishing
- Cook and set aside the pasta.
- In a large pot, heat the butter and oil.
- Sauté the onions, zucchini and red pepper until lightly caramelized.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cornstarch and water mixture (slurry).
- Once the wine and stock have come to a simmer, stir in the slurry, stirring constantly while adding it.
- As soon as it comes back to a simmer, it is finished and ready to serve.
- Garnish with finely crumbled feta cheese.