Recipe and photo courtesy Grande Foodservice
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 26 ounces ricotta cheese
- 7.5 ounces mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- 2.75 ounces Romano cheese
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 2¼ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 quarts marinara sauce, fully prepared
- 15 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 2.25 pounds sausage, cooked and drained
- 8.5 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- 9.5 ounces large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2.5 pounds mozzarella, shredded
- Romano cheese, grated, as needed
- parsley, minced, as needed
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella-provolone blend, Romano.
- Then add beaten eggs, parsley, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the Ricotta mixture and chill below 40 F to hold.
- To assemble lasagna: Spread 2 cups marinara sauce evenly on bottom of full-size steam table pan.
- Place 5 lasagna noodles on top of marinara, overlapping slightly.
- Add 4 cups ricotta mixture (from step 1) and smooth over noodles.
- Cover with 4 cups of cooked meat.
- Sprinkle 1 cup Romano evenly over meat.
- Layer with 1 cup chopped egg.
- Place 2 cups mozzarella-provolone blend evenly on top of eggs.
- Repeat all layers a second time: 2 cups marinara sauce, 5 lasagna noodles, 4 cups Ricotta mixture, 4 cups meat, 1 cup Romano, 1 cup egg and 2 cups mozzarella-provolone blend.
- Finish by adding 5 lasagna noodles, then top with 2 cups marinara sauce and cover with 2½ cups Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated 350 F conventional oven for 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Uncover and continue baking 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle lasagna with additional Romano and parsley, if desired.