Basic French Bread pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 15 ounces tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup provolone
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French or Italian bread, cut in half
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. (Substitute with house pizza sauce, if desired.)
- Remove sauce from heat and let cool until ready to use on pizza.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Place French bread on a large baking sheet and toast lightly.
- Spread the sauce on the bread and sprinkle three-quarters of the cheeses evenly over the bread.
- Add desired toppings.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until done.