Bexley’s BBQ Pizza
Author: Brad Rocco, owner of Bexley Pizza Plus
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 14-inch pizza dough
- 12 ounces cheese blend (provolone, mozzarella, Colby)
- 4 ounces red sauce
- 1 ounce barbecue sauce
- 6 ounces pork shoulder, hickory smoked and pulled
- 4 ounces Applewood bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle Romano cheese
- Combine red sauce and barbecue sauce and spread over crust.
- Cover with cheese blend, then add pork, bacon, peppers and onions.
- Using a squirt bottle, take additional barbecue sauce and apply it from the middle to the outside edges using a circular motion.
- Bake at 525 F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, slide pizza directly onto oven deck for additional 2 minutes to brown crust.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sprinkle with Romano just before serving.