BLT Pizza with Arugula
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 12-inch par-baked pizza shell
- 13 cup whipped ricotta blended with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 - 4 fresh plum or Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella or provolone
- 4 strips bacon or pancetta cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed arugula
- Spread the ricotta/mayo mixture over the par-baked pizza shell.
- Arrange slices of tomato over the ricotta mixture, overlapping them slightly.
- Spread half of the shredded cheese evenly over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on the cooked bacon or pancetta.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the crust is brown & the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 2 min.
- Arrange the arugula over the cheese.