Cloak and Dagger Berbere Meatball Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 14-inch proprietary pizza dough
- 2 to 3 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 ounces of Parmigiano Reggiano
- 8 to 10 ounces of aged provolone/mozzarella mix, shredded
- 6 to 8 Berbere meatball stuffed onion bulbs
- Diced roasted red peppers for garnish
- Extra virgin olive oilfor garnish
- A splash of basil pesto
- Using your 14-inch proprietary pizza dough, make a large round.
- Place enough fresh spinach (2 to 3 ounces) on the dough to cover leaving the crust alone.
- Sprinkle 4 ounces of Parmigiano Reggiano on the spinach.
- Place 8 to 10 ounces of aged provolone/mozzarella mix on top and place in a 550 F oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, place 6 to 8 stuffed onion bulbs around the pie and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with diced roasted red peppers, extra virgin olive oil and a splash basil pesto for a great taste and visual effect.