Magnificent Greek Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed thoroughly, thicker stems removed
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 14-inch diameter pizza shell
- ½ cup sliced and pitted brine-cured green olives
- ¼ pound feta cheese crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Put spinach and water in a large pot and cook over medium-high heat, covered, until the spinach wilts.
- Drain the excess liquid from the pan.
- With the cover off, cook and stir the spinach for 2 minutes to allow more of the moisture to evaporate.
- Add the olive oil, garlic onion and if using them, the red pepper flakes to the spinach.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste (no salt because of the feta, which can be salty).
- This is the prep. Hold up to three days in the cooler or use at once.
- To finish, spread the spinach mixture evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the olives evenly over the spinach.
- Sprinkle on the feta cheese.