Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- One 14-inch pizza shell
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ¾ cup bottled thick and chunky medium salsa
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- In a saute pan set over medium heat, warm the oil for 1 min.
- Add the ground turkey, cumin, salt, onion and jalapeno.
- Cook and stir until the turkey is cooked through, 4-5 min., using a wooden spoon to break up the turkey.
- Pour off any excess fat from the pan.
- Spread the salsa over the crust.
- Sprinkle the black beans evenly over the salsa.
- Spread on the turkey.
- Combine the two cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro.