Pizza Sole (Sunshine Pizza)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 14-ounce New York-style pizza dough ball
- 6 ounces Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce (recipe follows)*
- 4 ounces shredded partskim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces diced vine-ripened red and yellow organic tomatoes
- Chopped fresh basil
- Freshly rated Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- *CREAMY GORGONZOLA SAUCE
- In large saucepan, combine 1 pound gorgonzola or other bleu cheese, ¼ pound grated Parmesan cheese, 10 cloves roasted garlic, 1 teaspoon black pepper with 16 ounces evaporated milk; cook and stir until cheeses melt.
- Add 8 ounces each buttermilk and mayonnaise; mix well. Makes about 5-1/2 cups.
- Hand form and toss dough into 14-inch circle.
- Spread Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce over dough; top with mozzarella and onion.
- Bake in 600 F desk oven until rust is crisp and golden.
- Top with tomatoes, arugula and basil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Mist lightly with balsamic vinegar.