Sweet Onion/Mushroom & Gorgonzola Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 ups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1-1/4 cups grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook onions, stirring occasionally, for 10 min or until soft.
- Add sugar & vinegar; cook over med heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 min or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat; season with salt.
- Let cool.
- Place pizza crust on sheet pan; brush with oil.
- Spread mozzarella, then sweet onions & mushrooms over top; sprinkle with pine nuts and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake in 400 F oven for 7 to 10 min. or until cheese is bubbly.