Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 grilled pizza crust or pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons herbed grill or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- ½ pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup chunky tomato basil sauce
- ½ cup basil pecan pesto (pesto or extra virgin olive oil)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Brush pizza crust with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Dust with Parmesan.
- Heat remaining oil in a sauté pan over med. heat.
- Sauté shrimp until opaque & pink, about 16-6 min.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Top crust with mozzarella.
- Spoon tomato basil sauce & basil pecan pesto on top, creating alternating patterns of red & green.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, shrimp, onions, capers & garlic. Bake (Pizza oven 500 F for 12-15 min.; coal-fired oven 700 F for 4-5 min.; conveyor oven 450 F for 12-15 min.; grill 450 F for 5-7 min.)
- Garnish with basil & cracked black pepper & serve.