Three-Cheese Mexican Brunch Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- ¾ pound chorizo, crumbled
- 6 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup refried beans, thinned with
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- ¾ cup bottled medium-hot salsa
- ¼ pound asadero cheese, crumbled
- ¼ pound cotija cheese, finely chopped
- ¼ pound queso blanco, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Cook the chorizo, crumbling it even more as you go, in a sauté pan until it has given off most of its fat.
- Drain fat from the pan.
- Transfer the chorizo to a plate.
- In that same skillet cook the eggs, scrambling them until almost cooked through. Keep them a bit on the wet side. Set aside.
- Spread the refried beans evenly over the pizza to 1-inch from the edge of the crust.
- Spread the salsa over the beans.
- Evenly spread the reserved chorizo over the salsa, followed by the reserved eggs, spreading the eggs as evenly as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine the three cheeses. Sprinkle the cheeses over the eggs.
- Bake the pizza until the three cheeses melt into the eggs and the crust is toasty brown.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the top just before cutting and serving.