Last month I gave you a little background on agave nectar and provided a recipe for agave basil pesto. This month I present to you a recipe for a wonderful pizza featuring that pesto. Enjoy!
Agave Pesto & Piquante Pepper Pizza
Author: Tony Gemignani
Recipe type: pizza
- 12- to 13-ounce dough ball
- 7 ounces whole milk mozzarella
- 4 to 5 ounces agave pesto in a squirt bottle (last month’s recipe)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces green Castelvetrano
- olives, pitted and quartered
- Pinch of grated Romano
- 4 to 5 ounces piquante peppers, quartered
- ¼ ounce garlic, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Agave nectar drizzle
- Shape and stretch your dough into a 12- or 13-inch circle.
- Add mozzarella, leaving a ½-inch border from the rim of your pizza.
- Add a light drizzle of olive oil, garlic and place your pizza into a 525 to 575 F oven for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take your pizza out of the oven and cut into 6 slices.
- Place the piquante peppers, olives, crushed red pepper and Romano on the pizza.
- Next, add the pesto in a spiral pattern using a circular motion.
- Finish with a light drizzle of the agave nectar and serve.