Cheddar and BBQ Chicken Stuffed Crust Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 8 ounces cooked chucks of chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup red onion strings (poach thinly sliced rounds of red onion in water
- for 2 min., drain, pat dry & separated into "strings")
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or shredded smoked mozzarella
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- In a mixing bowl, toss the chicken with the barbecue sauce and onion strings.
- Use half the shredded cheddar for the crust stuffing.
- Lay the cheese just inside the edge of the crust.
- Fold the crust over the cheese & pinch the edges to seal.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the crust up to the sealed edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar evenly over the chicken & barbecue sauce.