Muffaletta Olive Salad
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup green olives with pimentos
- 1 cup pitted, chopped black olives
- ½ cup peperoncini
- 2 cups roasted sweet peppers, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Put all of the ingredients in a glass container and mix to combine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Spread the salad between an Italian round bred and quarter for sandwiches - perfect for lunch entrees.