Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 6 ounces raw sausage meat
- Olive oil
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 or 3 slices of mozzarella or provolone
- 1 6-inch long split hero roll
- A sprinkling of Parmesan
- Form a long sausage patty with the sausage meat.
- Heat a small skillet and add the olive oil.
- Cook the sausage patty halfway.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the tomato sauce and continue cooking until the sausage is cooked through.
- Place the slices of cheese on top of the sausage patty and melt the cheese under a broiler or in the oven
- Place the split hero on a plate cut side up.
- Using a spatula, transfer the sausage, cheese and sauce over the bread.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.