Zuppa di Carne & Fagioli
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 10 ounces Premoro Hand-Pinched Style Beef Topping, 40024, thawed
- 1-1/2 quart chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups ditalini pasta
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In heavy 4- to 5-quart pot, warm olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are barely tender.
- Add beef.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a steady simmer.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente (about 8 minutes).
- Add beans and heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup in heated bowls with Parmesan cheese on the side.
- CHEF'S NOTE: For a red version of pasta e fagioli, simply ad ¾ cup of tomato puree to pot with chicken broth. pasta can be cooked separately and held, warm. To serve, add a portion of pasta to soup bowl along with broth, beans and vegetables.