Dr. (Ghost) Pepper Glaze
(Important, make sure adequate ventilation is available and do not put your head over this sauce.) Note: It is easiest to freeze the ghosties for easier cutting. Even when cleaning any pan or pot, do not initially use hot water because the steam will destroy your face!
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 cup of Dr. Pepper soda
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup blackberry jam
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from half of that lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Half of a ghost pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- Combine all ingredients except the ghost chili into a saucepan on high.
- When simmering, turn to low, add the ghost chili and simmer for 10 minutes keeping eyes and face away.
- Simmer for 10 minutes more until thickened.