Roasted Poblano Cream (Rajas con Crema)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Sauces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce sliced red onions
- 1 ounce sliced green sweet peppers
- ¾ ounce of the chopped roasted garlic cloves
- Sliced poblano ribbons
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (you may add more, but be careful)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2¾ ounce of your proprietary pizza ham, cut into ribbons
- 15 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or pasta water)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Bring a sauté pan to high heat and add the olive oil and the onions.
- Sauté for 2 minutes and then add the green pepper, garlic, cumin, poblano pepper, red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Stir and lower heat to ¾ high for 3 minutes.
- Add the ham and the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for
- minutes, or until the tomatoes get soft and the flavors meld.
- Add the heavy cream and sauté just enough to amalgamate the flavors.
- Adjust flavor with a pinch of salt and more pepper flakes, if needed.
- Add fettuccine and toss together.
- Place on a bowl or plate and garnish with cilantro, avocado, sour cream and salsa.