Scratch Fig Jam
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 9 ounces dried figs (For a lighter color, use the more expensive golden figs.)
- 1½ cups water
- 6 ounces (one small pack) fresh raspberries (optional)
- Slice and dice the figs and place into a small, non-reactive bowl.
- Get tap water as hot as you can and pour 1½ cups over the figs to re-hydrate.
- Let steep for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When cooled, place all in a blender and pulse into a fine jam.
- (Optional) Place fresh strawberries into the blender with the figs for color and heightened flavor.
- Further Manipulation: To turn your proprietary fig jam into a fig-mascarpone pudding, just add 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese and 2 ounces of whole milk ricotta and blend.