Tomato Clam Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 # 10 can crushed tomatoes in extra thick tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 28-ounce can clams in their juice (save one cup of juice)
- 1 cup black olive
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Sauté onions in ½ of the olive oil until transparent, then add the rest of the oil and garlic.
- Cook about three minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, clam juices, wine, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the olives and clams.
- Heat and sauce is ready to serve.