Cinnamon Swirl Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 16 ounces pizza dough
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cut the dough into four pieces, each about 4 ounces.
- Roll each of these pieces into a thick rope that is about 18 inches long.
- Lightly oil (use corn oil or other vegetable oil) a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Lay each of the pieces of dough onto the pan, coiling them as you would for a coil or rope.
- Gently press the coils together.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and give it another 45 min. to an hour to rise.
- Brush the melted butter over the dough coils.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the dough.
- Bake the pizza at a low temperature (350-375 F) for about 12-15 min.