Dough for Sicilian Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cups low protein flour (11-12 percent)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, water, sugar, salt and oil.
- Whisk to combine.
- With the mixer running, add flour one cup at a time.
- Mix at medium speed for4 to5 min. (add a little more flour if the dough is too wet).
- The dough should be soft, yet not sticky.
- Give the dough one full rise of aobut 2 hours (or overnight in the cooler).
- Brush a half-sheet pan with olive oil.
- Press dough across the bottom of the pan.
- Now flip dough once to get some of the oil onto top of the dough.
- Now press dough completely across the bottom of the pan and into the raised edge of the pan. The dough should be about ⅛-inch thick at this point, Cover pan completely with a damp cloth.
- Let rise for up to an hour in the pan.
- Push dough once more into bottom & sides of pan.
- Now add toppings, such as tomatoes, hers, basil and oregano, if you choose, and grated Romano).