Late-night robberies are not everyday occurrences, thankfully, but the fact is that they happen. While it’s out of your control as an operator, steps can — and should — be taken to making your closing employees safer. Here are some examples:
• Never have an employee close alone.
• Use bright exterior lights
• Purchase an alarm system
• Utilize convex mirrors
• Arrange equipment and furniture to prevent entrapment
• Use a drop safe
• Purchase video surveillance equipment
• Form a good relationship with local police. A good idea is to offer police officers discounts when they come into your shop. Not only will they take their lunch or dinner breaks there more often, but they’ll also watch it like a hawk.
More In The Kitchen
The next three months provide a bounty of summer-season produce. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture — What’s... Read More ›