Author: Pizza Today
- 11/2 cups of plain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil (more if needed)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Warm marinara or pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine the breadcrumbs and the cheese in a small bowl.
- Combine the eggs and black pepper in a second bowl.In a large sauté pan warm the olive oil for
- minute over medium-high heat.
- One by one, dip each chicken breast in the eggs, then in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the breasts (in batches), turning them once or twice, until they are golden on both sides (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Set aside to drain. Store at room temperature for immediate use, or in the cooler, wrapped, for later use.
- To order, place a small amount of warm sauce in a small skillet.
- Add the chicken breast.
- More sauce over the breast, followed by a sprinkle of grated Parmesan, followed by shredded mozzarella (2-3 ounces of cheese for each breast).
- Put the skillet under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.