Fusilli with Chicken and Peppers
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 6 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound Fusilli or other corkscrew pasta
- ½ cup chicken stock or chicken broth
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, peeled and cut into strips
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot, add salt and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain well, and toss with chicken stock.
- Refrigerate, covered up to an hour.
- Wash chicken breast under cold water and place in a pot of cold water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate chicken for up to an hour, and then cut into bit-sized pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, chicken, and peppers.
- Add olive oil and vinegar and toss to combine.
- Add oregano, rosemary, and pepper and toss once more.
- Salad can be served immediately or held at room temperature up to 2 hours.