Roasted Bell Pepper and Garlic Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 large head of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon + ½ tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
- Proprietary pizza dough
- 2 cups whole-milk mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers, cut into ½-inch wide strips
- ⅔ cup fontina cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Slice top off garlic head; place in small baking dish.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Brush baking sheet with remaining olive oil.
- Bake garlic in a 375 F oven until the head is light brown, about 45 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using fingers squeeze out roasted garlic cloves into food processor, add sun-dried tomatoes.
- Process until almost smooth, adding enough reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes to form paste.
- Spread roasted-garlic paste over pizza dough.
- Top with mozzarella, fomtina cheese and roasted red peppers.
- Bake at 450 F until crust is golden brown.
- Finish with basil and parsley.