International Pizza Expo Preview
You can rely on the fact that every year International Pizza Expo will be the largest, most-dynamic gathering of industry professionals in the world. You can count on seeing nearly every product or service necessary for running a successful pizzeria and being able to sit in on business-building seminars, panel discussions and networking events. But Pizza Expo never stands still. We’ve added several new features to the March show that every attendee should note, including:
- 80-plus new exhibitors. The equipment and services needs of today’s pizzeria are constantly evolving, and the Exhibit Hall vendors keep pace with your current best options for upgrades.
- Pizzeria 2020. This special area on the Exhibit Hall floor, new this year, showcases state-of-the-art products from selected exhibitors that can be expected to inhabit the pizzeria of the future.
- Beer & Bull topic tables. Our Tuesday early evening networking event — known for refreshments and casual conversation among pizzeria professionals from all over the map — introduces an added dimension with tables designated for problem-solving discussions on specific topics. Four of our seminar speakers anchor the discussions and offer their expertise. They are: Scott Anthony, Punxsy Pizza (marketing); Roy Bullard, Pizza Guys (POS and technology); Keith Coffman, Lost River (operations and sales) and Tom Lehmann, the Dough Doctor (dough and baking issues).
- Hotel and casino options. For this March’s show, Pizza Expo has negotiated reduced-rate hotel rooms at The Venetian, Treasure Island, Flamingo and The Linq in addition to many of the favored properties from our 2015 event.
- Thursday keynote and super-seminars. We’ve added a third morning session to inspire you and kick off the day’s activities. Our Thursday keynote is one you won’t want to miss: Tony Gemignani. A bona fide star in the industry, Tony will share some of his passion and knowledge, and hand out a free trip to the World Pizza Championship in Parma, Italy, to one lucky attendee. After his keynote, two of the most accomplished speakers we’ve ever had at our show, Big Dave Ostrander and Eric Chester, will deliver big-picture seminars that summarize important lessons in running a pizza business.
- Christina Shaw and Vegas AM. Technically, the return of this dynamic songstress, backed by a talented group of musicians, is more a revival of our 2014 party band than a first-time appearance. Christina and company rock the house at our block party on Wednesday evening, followed by the ever-popular finals of the Freestyle acrobatic dough-tossing event from the World Pizza Games.
- Revised workshops in the School of Pizzeria Management. For the third year of these half-day, intensive-training sessions we’ve tweaked the courses to better fit your needs. Among the offerings in these half-day workshops designed to take your business to the next level are: A Coordinated Marketing Plan for Pizzerias; Joining the Million-Dollar Club and Unleashing the Power of Culture in Your Restaurant.
- First-time Expo speakers and topics. The ever-improving Pizza Expo education program features several new industry experts and pizzeria professionals delivering on-target information to improve your operations and profits. First-time sessions include, among others, The 10 Most Important Customer-Service Touchpoints, 90 Modern Era Promotional Tactics, Making the Transition to Fast Casual, The Secrets Behind Great Growing Restaurant Brands and 10 Steps to Sales Growth That Lasts.
- A Better You. You’ll be glad you came!
More Pizza Expo 2016 Preview…
February 23, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
A commentary by Editor-in-Chief Jeremy White I used to think delegating was a task for the lazy. You know, if you want the job done right, do it yourself. Right? Turns out that isn’t always the best advice. Your team can accomplish so much more as a cohesive unit than any one individual can accomplish…. Read More ›
February 22, 2018 | Pizza Expo News
Our first episode of the Pizza Expo Update Show will get ready for International Pizza Expo next month. Managing Editor Mandy Detwiler sits down with show director Bill Oakley to give you the skinny on what to expect on the show floor. Bill outlines this year’s show floor changes. Pizza Expo will take place in… Read More ›
Find out what to expect on the show floor at International Pizza Expo, March 20-22. Managing Editor Mandy Detwiler interviews show director Bill Oakley on show floor changes and its new location in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Read More ›