Mother’s Day promotions and marketing ideas for the whole family
More than 90 million moms and their families dine out on Mother’s Day, according to the National Restaurant Association. Sure, you can offer discounts or BOGO deals. We’ve come up with eight fun ways to celebrate moms at your pizzeria.
- Partner with other businesses to put together a Mother’s Day gift. Think candy, flowers, ice cream, spa services, etc. Gather some of your swag and theirs and raffle them off to moms in your shop.
- Set up a fun selfie station with silly hats, glasses and props. Moms love family selfies. It doesn’t have to be a booth. Just find a spot that has good lighting and make a fun background or cardboard frame. Don’t forget to add your branding to the backdrop or frame with “moms love Xxxxx Pizza” or something creative.
- Create a signature cocktail for mom. Go fresh, light and fruity.
- Create a Mother’s Day Brunch menu. Brunch is huge on Mother’s Day. You don’t even have to open early — 11 am will allow moms to sleep in. Menus could include breakfast pizzas, egg sandwiches, fruit and a special dessert.
- Donate a portion of sales that day to moms in need in your community. It could be a family shelter, parenting nonprofit, food pantries, etc.
- Showcase your mom employees on social media and in the front of the house on table cards and posters.
- Host a special family pizza-making class. Do it table side. Don’t forget to take pictures to put on social and ask to tag them. Use a fun hashtag.
- Put together a complete delivery package with everything — app, pizza, desserts, beverages. Push it out to dads or even kids with a clever social campaign to pre-order it. Don’t forget all the dinnerware. Throw in a little something extra just for mom: a flower, candy or other small gesture.
Whatever you come up with, tag @pizzatoday on your Mother’s Day posts so we can see your special marketing and promotions.
September 22, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Conversations with three seminar and demo presenters: Tony Gemignani, owner of Tony’s Pizza Napoletana and Pizza Rock; Nick Bogacz, owner of Caliente Pizza & Draft House; and Eric Shepherd, Director of Marketing & Communications for OTTO Pizza Pizza & Pasta Northeast will take over the Atlantic City Convention Center next month. The show is October 3 and 4 and… Read More ›
September 21, 2018 | Pizza Headlines
Educational program kicks off Pizza & Pasta Northeast before show floor opens We are a few weeks away from Pizza & Pasta Northeast in Atlantic City. It’s time to start planning your schedule. The Exhibit Hall opens at 11 a.m. on both days of the show, Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 3 – 4. But opportunities… Read More ›
September 19, 2018 | Videos