Fans Unite Around Pizza as the Real Crowd Pleaser
Washington, D.C., February 2, 2018 – Americans frequently turn to pizza for celebratory occasions and Super Bowl Sunday is no exception – last year, an estimated 12.5 million pizzas were sold. According to the American Pizza Community (APC), a coalition which represents the community of 75,000 pizzerias around the country, Super Bowl Sunday showcases why pizza is beloved by so many Americans – it is customizable, crowd pleasing and convenient.
Pizza operators around the country are counting on this year’s big game to be no different than previous years and have been preparing to tackle the big rush coming this weekend. Consider some pizza stats by several APC members:
Pizza Hut said they will give its Hut Rewards members a free medium two-topping pizza starting February 8 if the record for the fastest touchdown at a Super Bowl is broken this Sunday.
- Hungry Howie’s, 550 locations in 21 states, predicts that they’ll sell 300,000 pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday – 40,000 more than they would on a typical Sunday.
- Domino’s sells more than 11 million slices on Super Bowl Sunday.
- The day of the Big Game is the highest tipping day of the year.
- Most popular pizza topping is pepperoni.
- Peak ordering time is exactly one hour before kickoff.
- More than 50 percent of orders come via digital channels.
- 94 percent of Americans eat pizza at least once a month.
- Average American eats about 46 slices a year.
- There are 34 million ways to order a pizza.
To ensure that your game day party scores big, here are a few helpful hints:
- Check for promotions ahead of time. Many pizza stores are offering game-day specials. Check them out ahead of time, as these may be quicker for the pizza stores to make than customized orders.
- Order online! Nearly all pizza stores offer online ordering or have mobile apps to track your order; and with phone lines likely to be busier than usual, placing an online order may save time.
- See if your pizza store allows timed orders. Scheduling your order for a specific time is another convenience offered by many pizza companies, especially those who offer digital ordering platforms. The busiest time to order is one hour before kick-off!
- Choose carry-out as an option. If you’re planning to order pizza before the tip-off, choose carry out as an option.
The American Pizza Community is a coalition of the nation’s large and small pizza companies, operators, franchisees, vendors, suppliers and other entities that make up the American pizza industry.
Current members include Domino’s Pizza, Figaro’s Italian Pizza, Godfather’s Pizza, Hungry Howie’s, Hunt Brothers Pizza, the International Pizza Hut Franchise Holders Association, Little Caesars, Nick-N-Willy’s Pizza, Pizza Factory, and Pizza Schmizza. Supplier partners include Coca-Cola, Leprino Foods Company, Middleby Marshall, Paradise Tomato Kitchens, PepsiCo and Tyson Foods. Affiliate partners include the National Pork Producers Council and the Tomato Products Wellness Council. www.AmericanPizzaCommunity.com
June 21, 2018 | Press Releases
Congratulations to Pinthouse Pizza, Winner of Escalon and Polly-O’s “Capture a Better Slice” Giveaway.
ESCALON, CA, June 20, 2018 – Escalon Premier Brands and Polly-O Cheese would like to thank everyone who visited their booth at the International Pizza Expo this year. Show attendees were invited to scan their badge to enter to win the “Capture a Better Slice” giveaway. Pinthouse Pizza from Austin was the lucky winner of… Read More ›
June 19, 2018 | Press Releases
Elgin, Ill. (June 18, 2018) –Mark Easterday has been promoted to the newly created position of Executive Vice President of Middleby Brand Sales. Mark will be responsible for oversight of the Middleby Representative Groups in the U.S. and Canada. Mark will direct the sales efforts and coordinate activities across the entire sales representation organization, working… Read More ›
June 18, 2018 | Press Releases
TROY, Ohio (June 14, 2018) — Hobart, the premium commercial food equipment manufacturer known for designing and building some of the most reliable, must-have equipment, hosted two food equipment giveaways recently and has announced the winners of both a custom-painted mixer and a food processor. Auniessa Asta, owner of 414 Pub & Pizza in Tempe,… Read More ›