(San Francisco, CA) –– This year, Patxi’s Pizza celebrates the holiday season not by toasting their own success and growth in 2013, but instead reveling in the success of their acclaimed 52 Weeks of Giving Community Fundraising Program. This year, Patxi’s beat its fundraising goal by 44 percent.
Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced pah-cheese. ‘t’ before ‘x’), started the program in November 2010 with the goal of providing community support to organizations who share Patxi’s passion for education and children’s health and welfare. To date, the program has raised more than $315,277 for partner organizations with that shared mission.
This year, Patxi’s raised over $166,620 through 395 events; almost a 50% increase from the 189 events and $83,000 raised in 2012 ($55,000 in 2011).
In addition, Patxi’s also hosted two special 52 Weeks events this year to aid in relief efforts after the Boston Marathon attacks (One Fund Boston – $10K donated) and the severe flooding in Colorado (Salvation Army – $621 donated). For Colorado Gives Day this past Tuesday, Patxi’s donated over $1K to two deserving Denver-based non-profits, The Craig Hospital Foundation and Open World Learning.
Each week, all year long, each of Patxi’s twelve restaurants donates a percentage of all sales from one day to their partner organization. This includes sales from dine-in guests for lunch and dinner, carry-out and delivery orders, as well as all catering sales. To ensure each organization has a successful fundraiser, Patxi’s provides marketing support for each organization through exposure on their website and through various social media channels. Testimonials available upon request.
“As parents and community members ourselves, Patxi’s Pizza cares deeply about making sure that our children have the resources they need to lead happy and productive lives,” says Bill Freeman, Patxi’s co-founder and CEO. “We’re proud of the support we’ve given to the Bay Area and now Denver. We are looking forward to doing the same in our new communities as we expand to Seattle and Santa Barbara in 2014.”
52 Weeks of Giving Facts:
- In 2013, Patxi’s Pizza donated more than $166,620 to partner organizations through a total of 395 fundraising events
- To date, the program has raised more than $315,277 for partner organizations with their shared mission.
- Since the program’s inception, Patxi’s has hosted just over 740 individual fundraisers for community organizations, nonprofits and schools.
- Over 397 community organizations participated in the program this year including a total of 128 local schools and in-school programs; and non-profit organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation (Bay Area and Denver Chapters), The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, United Autism Foundation, Children’s Hospital Oakland, Muscular Distrophy Association, and dozens more.
- Money raised through the program funded programs like a trip to Washington, D.C. for Lincoln High School, a 5th Grade Science Camp for Livermore’s Rancho Las Positas Elementary, and travel for the Team World Finals for Stanley Odyssey of the Mind among many others.
- The program currently operates through Patxi’s nine Bay Area locations and three Denver locations, and will expand to the Seattle and Santa Barbara markets, totaling 15 locations in 2013
- Patxi’s goal is to raise $$200,000 to benefit charity organizations in 2013
The 52 Weeks of Giving Community Fundraising Program is open to all community organizations in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Campbell, San Jose, Livermore and the Tri-Valley Area, the East Bay (Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda) and now the Denver area with a focus on education and children’s health and welfare. Interested groups can apply at http://www.patxispizza.com/52-weeks-of-giving.
About Patxi’s Pizza
Founded in 2004 by two friends, entrepreneur Bill Freeman and pizza expert Francisco “Patxi” Azpiroz, Patxi’s Pizza offers authentic Chicago- and Italian-style pizza, featuring two distinct, handcrafted styles of dough, four types of mozzarella and over 30 different fresh meat and veggie toppings (ingredients sourced locally whenever possible). Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced pah-cheese) is privately owned and operated with a total of 12 locations between the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver, CO. Patxi’s Pizza was ranked #6 in the Food & Beverage Industry by Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Hire Power Companies of 2013 and named among the Top 10 “Most Life-Changing Pizzas” of 2012 by Esquire Magazine. CEO Bill Freeman was recently named one of the “Most-Admired” CEOs in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
Through its 52 Weeks of Giving program, Patxi’s donates a portion of its profits to local nonprofit organizations dedicated to education and children’s health and welfare – totaling over $315,277 in donations to date.
June 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Representatives from Guinness World Records were on hand to certify USA’s longest pizza record attempt at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California on June 10th, 2017. The finished pizza stretched 6,333 feet. That is nearly 1.2 miles long. The previous record of 6,082 feet was made in Naples, Italy in 2016. A team of pizza… Read More ›
June 8, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Attend the premier event for pizzeria operators and Italian restaurateurs who are looking to source ingredients, equipment and supplies. Registration is now open for Pizza & Pasta Northeast, the largest pizza and pasta conference and tradeshow on the East Coast. The first-ever Pizza & Pasta Northeast will feature more than 200 booths of products and… Read More ›
June 6, 2017 | Press Releases
Celebrations, Giveaways and Family-friendly activities Throughout Weekend Tuesday, June 6, 2017 – Fredericksburg, VA – The Church Restaurant Group, LLC announced today the opening of the first Malawi’s Pizza – Pizza with a Purpose® franchise on the eastern seaboard with grand opening celebrations beginning Friday, June 23 through Sunday, June 25, 2017. The fast-casual gourmet… Read More ›