Bruschetta with Portabellos
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 10 ounces Portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut diagonally in 12 slices
- 1 cup coarsely chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 6 ounces goat cheese cut into 12 slices.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Trim Portobello stems, if attached, then slice mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; brush on both sides of mushroom slices on the bread.
- Arrange mushrooms and bread in a single layer on a vegetable grilling rack in a broiler pan.
- Grill or broil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side brushing with any remaining garlic-olive oil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, capers and Italian seasoning.
- Place goat cheese on each slice of toasted bread.
- Top with portobello and tomato-caper mixture, dividing evenly.