Recipe by Cory Lazaldi of New Castle Pizzeria in New Castle, California
Brussels Sprout and Sausage “Cassoulet”
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 ounces Calabrian sausage (uncooked)
- 3 ounces cannellini beans (cooked)
- 6 ounces blanched Brussels sprouts
- (cut in half)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 ounce white wine
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- Lemon wedges
- Heat a cast iron pan, add butter and lightly brown.
- Add crumbled Calabrian sausage and sauté until lightly browned.
- Nest your Brussels sprouts, cut side down, in pan and lightly brown.
- Add cannellini beans and white wine.
- Reduce white wine au sec, and toss all ingredients in pan.
- Place “cassoulet” into porcelain bowl.
- Squeeze one lemon wedge over “cassoulet” and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a hefty amount of fresh grated Parmesan.