Coal Fired Limoncello Chicken Wings
Courtesy of Mark Dym, Marco’s Coal Fired Pizza, Denver, CO “Anytime I’m in Denver, these wings often are the highlight of my trip!” — Jeremy White, PT Editor-in-Chief
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizer
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 3 whole lemons
- ½ cup limoncello
- ¼ ounce fresh thyme
- 3 ounces fresh rosemary
- ¾ ounces fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons
- kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Blend the quartered lemons, limoncello and rest of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Marinate 5 pounds of chicken wings in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Remove from marinade and bake at 450 F until browned and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with roasted Vidalia onions.