Frittata del'Ortolana (Vegetable Frittata)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or oil spray
- ¼ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup cooked broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons diced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ cup pasteurized liquid eggs (or 2 lightly beaten jumbo eggs)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 or 3 twist of the pepper mill
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the boiler.
- In an 8-inch non-stick omelet pan, warm the oil over low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms release their moisture.
- Add the broccoli, zucchini and onions and cook for two more minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the eggs to the pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, and thyme.
- As the frittata cooks, run a knife between the edge of the frittata and the pan, tilt the pan slightly, and let the eggs trickle to the edge.
- When the bottom of the frittata is set, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Move the pan from the stove to the preheated broiler or the cheese melter.
- The top of the frittata should be about 4-inches from heat.
- Leave the pan under the broiler only until the top is set, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the boiler and run a knife around the edge of the frittata to loosen it.
- Slide the frittata onto a heated serving plate.
- Serve at once.